Thursday, October 9, 2014

Why Not My Monkey?


When I started my first business in 1988- I did everything I thought I was supposed to do.  Not always the right thing or at the right time.  

 When I started business consulting in 1993, I read an article by William Oncken, Jr. and Donald Wass that they had written for the Harvard Business Review  - November 1974– titled  MANAGEMENT TIME: WHO’S GOT THE MONKEY? – to read this article click here.

In 2002, as I was working as a nonprofit executive director and started coaching small business owners I knew it was important to make sure I was doing the right thing and so were my clients.  I am here to help you tame your monkeys.

What is a monkey?  A monkey is the next move.  For every monkey there are two parties involved:  One to Work It and One To Supervise It.

What is my coaching strategy?  I am going to help you by giving back your initiative – allowing you to feed and care for your own monkeys.

No comments:

Post a Comment